Wednesday, January 10, 2007

getting caught up here

As of today, I now have knitted and put in the box 18 dishcloths that will be donated to LovesManyCloths. As I am not feeling well tonite, I decided to just sit and knit, so I am working on a bandage, that will also be donated. Mindless knitting, awe yes, that is the life for me tonight.

I finished the back side of the pink jumper, started the front.
Today I had a follow-up doc appt from my bladder surgery of 6 weeks ago, everything is fine, dont' have to go back for 3 months. While sitting and waiting my turn, I started another dishcloth, worked on it the whole time I was there. Had to have the oil changed in my truck, and the tires rotated, so I worked on the dishcloth there too, and while I was sitting in the drive thru car wash, I knitted some more. By the time I got home I only had about a dozen stitches to finish before I could bind off. That one is now in the box. My favorite pattern to knit dishcloths that I don't use a pattern for is the "Grandma's Favorite". It is basically mindless knitting as well. You start off by casting on on 4 stitches, knit those four, turn, then k2, yo, knit to end, turn, and continue this until you have 5o stitches. I like to put 50 for the size. When you have 50 stitches, then k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, knit to the end. When you have 4 stitches left, knit those four then bind them off, weave in the ends. Because I am a fairly fast knitter, I can knit one of these in about 2 hours, just sitting and watching TV, so I get alot of them done in a short time.

This morning I pampered myself, which I do from time to time. I had my nails done, and got a pedicure. Now I have what I call babybutt feet. They are as soft as a baby's butt and that is what I call them when I get them done. They will feel like this for about a week. It's my way of taking care of me. If I feel like I look good,,,, nice nails and toes, then I can expect my DH to think I look good as well. He totally supports this and so I keep my nails pretty all the time,,, cept when I break a couple like I did this past weekend.

Ok, back to the mindless knitting. Thanks to all of you who come and read this from time to time. Keeps me on my toes, so I will try to post daily. Ok Cat, it's updated....LOL

1 comment:

Sprite said...

Ahhh, mindless knitting while not feeling well. I'm mindless blog jumping and catching up with friends while I'm not feeling well.

I saw your link on Cat's page. WELCOME (although I'm a little late.. but, hey.. blame it on my Dec. fever! Nothing like being REALLY Hot! *winks n silly grins)

I'm totally with you on the mani's and pedi's. I'm way do, too. My Nail Nazi is going to have a cow when she sees the mess I've made of my hands.

You need to post a picture of your dish clothes so I can moon over them, too. I LOVE the one Cat did. Do you think she'll notice if it's missing???